Saturday, July 7, 2012

New, Healthy Chapter...

I decided to start another blog. This one will be much different then the personal, open blog I have. I need a change in life. A healthy change. I'm in my early 20's and constantly gaining weight. I have a 13 month old daughter. I need to be healthy for her. I need to stop the fast food, junk food, midnight snacking life style I'm living right now. I need to be more active. This change is going to start, now.

I've cleared out all of the junk food and processed crap from my kitchen (besides Chloe's goldfish, animal cookies, and some other snacks that are just for her). I've been thinking of what I'd like to accomplish in my new healthy journey. I'd like to drop any where from 20-30 pounds. I'm currently 160 and would love to be back to 130, or at least somewhere in that range. Before I had my daughter I was 130 pounds. I was a lovely size 6/9 depending on the brand of clothing. I was healthy and fit. I had a flat stomach and was very toned. I use to cheer-lead and once I stopped that I was still active. I'm currently a size 11/13 sometimes even a friken 14 depends on the brand of clothing (curse you chubby thighs!). I typically wear a L/XL in shirts. I use to wear a S/M.

When I became pregnant I wasn't concerned about gaining any weight. I knew if I did it was all for my daughter. I tried eating healthy and keeping active (as in walking and yoga). During my whole pregnancy I was loosing weight instead of packing on the pounds. My OBGYN even told me to eat more and try to gain some pounds. That never happened though. At the end of my 8 months of being pregnant (I had my daughter early) I was only 140 pounds, a size L in shirts (I had to cover the basketball tummy somehow!) and I could STILL fit in my pre-pregnancy jeans (I just used the hair tie trick to button them). I gained a whole 10 pounds. You could hardly even tell I was pregnant from the back. After I had Chloe I went right back to my pre-pregnancy weight, I even lost a few more pounds then I wanted to. I was down to about 128. I was breast feeding her for the first few months of her life. Once I stopped, the weight packed on. I figured that it would stop after a while, but I kept on gaining.

I started cosmetology school when my daughter was about 4 months old. I decided to take night classes so I could spend time with her during the day and be a stay at home mom until I graduated. Classes started at 5:45 and ended at 9:45 pm. I always ended up arriving early to school and would get there around 4:30, sometimes 5. I never really had dinner before class. I made a HUGE mistake and always ate after. McDonalds saw me almost every night (Monday-Thursday). Fridays my husband and I would always have a date night and go out for dinner with our close friends, which didn't help either. I know I should have packed a healthy dinner / snack for school, but I hardly ever did. Every date night ended with a delicious chocolate cake or some type of dessert. Worst mistake, ever.

It was just recently I put on one of my favorite bikinis and thought to myself "Holy shit! I use to wear this last summer. I looked pretty decent in it (especially for just having a baby). Now, I can't even fit in it". I almost cried. I know I've gained a ton of weight. I have cellulite on my legs and butt. My thighs are now starting to touch one another. My belly is very pudgy and I look like I'm pregnant again. I have a huge muffin top. I've never been this heavy in my life, ever. I feel disgusting. I really do. I hate the way my body looks now. My husband says I'm still beautiful and he'll always love me. Sometimes, I don't believe him.

I need to make a healthy change. I need to feel good again. I need to be active. I am officially starting my work outs, weight training and healthy eating on Monday. I'm going to take a nice long walk early tomorrow morning and start making my goal list. Once I have everything planned out, I'll be doing another post. I'll be posting pictures (before and afters, even some from the past). I'll be updating probably 3 times a week. I'll be posting new recipes of healthy, yummy food I'm eating. I know I can do this. I know I can be healthy again. I just need to put my mind to it. I want to be that girl, who others can look at and say "Wow, she inspires me to be healthy and fit". I WILL be that girl. I promise myself that.

No comments:

Post a Comment